Wimmergreuth is situated on a hill at the foot of Dachskopf mountain 620 m above sea level, close to Kasberg mountain’s valley station.
This makes it a perfect starting point for a great variety of sports, such as hiking, climbing, cycling and mountaineering.
- Marked hiking trails: Kasberg (Sepp Huber mountain hut via Kasberg to Steyrer mountain hut), Hochsalm, Mittagstein, Pfannstein to Kremsmauer. Schindlbach-Wasserboden-Klausnerreith-Steyrling.
- Ascents: Kasberg 1747m, Hochsalm 1405m, Mittagstein 1260m
- Ski tours: Kasberg, Spitzplaneck
- Activities in the surrounding area: Cumberland-Konrad Lorenz Wildlife Park Research Centre, Almsee, Oedseen, Kinderland Schindlbach, horse riding, low rope course, crime museum, castle ruins in Scharnstein
- Losn hoch 13: A three-day trip spent hiking, yodelling & listening to fairy tales being recounted amidst the wild and beautiful landscape of the Almtal. Further information
- Forest school Almtal: Exploring the Almtal with forester Ing. Fritz Wolf Drack
- Waldness: Getting in touch with nature and native forests. Further information
- Genuss am Almfluss: A 52-kilometer trail along the Alm river showcasing the breathtaking scenery of the Austrian countryside. Further information